Spring 2016 Chess Registration is now closed!
Offered through the Home and School Association, the Northlea Chess Club is open to children from grades one to eight. Children at the lower levels will learn to play chess while the kids at higher levels improve on their strategies.
This program runs for 8 weeks each term on Wednesdays during lunch hour. Chess teachers, some of whom are competitive chess players, are brought in through the Chess & Math Association.
Girls only chess classes. Earn little small prizes. Note: minimum number of girls required to run the girls chess club.
Northlea Home & School is pleased to offer the Chess Club in the 2015 – 2016 school year. Instruction is provided by the Toronto Chess ‘N Math Association.
- The Chess Club is open to any student in grades 1 to 8.
- There are 3 sessions. Each session is 8 weeks long.
- The program runs from 11:35am to 12:40pm every Wednesday.
- Children must bring a packed lunch and eat it during the lesson.
This school year’s session dates are:
||October 14th – December 2nd
||January 13th – March 2nd
||March 30th – May 18th
Registration for the spring session begins Monday February 22, 2016:
- No late registrations accepted
- We are limited in the number of spaces available and acceptance will be on a first come basis
- All students must register including those who have taken the class previously.
- Chess Registration Form – 2015/16 (pdf) !!! Please make cheque payable to “Northlea Home and School Association” !!!
!! Secure Online Registration Available !!
You can now enroll your child(ren) in the Chess Program from the comfort of your home. Register and pay for the program online using your Paypal account or your favourite credit card. No Paypal account required.
Online registration is now closed!
ADVANCED REGISTRATION FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR
What is advanced registration?
For those families who know their child would like to participate in more than one session this year, we are offering options to register in advance for Winter and/or Spring within this Fall’s registration.
Advanced registration means you only complete one registration form (download form pdf here) and you pay the applicable discounted fee: $140 for 2 sessions and $200 for 3 sessions. With advanced registration, your child is automatically assigned space in the sessions you have prepaid.
What if I pay for advanced registration but decide to cancel a future session?
Sessions can only be cancelled prior to that session’s registration date. The request to cancel must be in writing (please email: firstname.lastname@example.org), by the following dates:
- Winter session cancellation: December 18, 2015;
- Spring session cancellation: March 11, 2016.
Refunds will reflect a per session fee of $75 and may take a few weeks to process.
Do I still have the option to register on a session-by-session basis?
Yes, as in previous years, you can choose to register for one session at a time. The fee is $75 per session. Please use the registration form here. Note the following registration dates (reminders will be posted on the website):
- Winter session registration: November 30th to December 4th
- Spring session registration: February 22nd to February 26th
To register, please submit the form (download pdf form here) with payment (cheques only payable to Northlea Home and School Association) to the school office in an envelope marked “chess registration” by dates specified. Or you can register and pay right now via our new secure online system:
Online registration is now closed!