After 2 years of coordinating the Northlea Chess Club, our fabulous Coordinators Anca Avram and Kim Rossos are looking to pass along their roles.
We are delighted to report that Chess Co-ordinator position has been filled.
We are still in need of the girls chess and mentor position (who also helps out the chess co-ordinator).
These two programs – girls chess class and the mentor program (currently we have six mentors from the older grades) are great programs and we do hope they continue at the school!!
Anca and Kim
Chess is a very worthwhile program for the children at our school and cannot run without parent volunteers.
Anca and Kim will be around if you need any help with the transition and we will get more Grade 7’s and 8’s involved with helping with Chess Club on a weekly basis.
Volunteer position – Chess Club Coordinator
- database administration – collect all registration information on a session by session basis ( 99% of registrations are done online) and keep track of data in Excel
- liaise with the Chess and Math Association in regards to session dates, number of instructors needed and any ad hoc issues that may arise
- send out attendance lists each session ( Fall, Winter and Spring)
- update Northlea Chess Club webpage – no IT knowledge required
Volunteer position – Girls Chess Club and Mentoring Program Administrator
- to coordinate mentors for upcoming chess sessions – notify them of classrooms they will be assisting
- to coordinate Winit points for mentors with Susan Gardner (mentors get one winit point per session)
- to coordinate mentor certificates with Math and Chess Association for mentors
Additional tasks for both positions:
- Welcome back BBQ chess station set up
- FFN Social Series event